This Friday, May 10th, join myself and @mrbobvegas @galleryclublv, with special guest Isis Taylor! Let’s go!
Spinning this Sunday @ Hyde Lounge in Hollywood for I Love House Music ‘s Heroes VS Villains party! Gonna be a good one!
Doesn’t matter if you are headed to Ultra Miami or not, this weekend’s episode of Hellafine Fridays will either make the plane ride more enjoyable, or make you envious of all your industry friends that are going. This mix is packed with many of the biggest new tracks that will be played at Ultra over the next two weekends, from all your favorite house music staples and some new kids you might not be up on. See you in two weeks! - DJ Pizzo
1. Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) - Lana Del Rey 2. Come With Me (Jidax Remix) - Steve Aoki feat. Polina 3. So Young, So High (Tiesto Remix) - Dada Life 4. Spottie - Pizzo & Manik 5. Strobe Lights & Shit - Tocadisco 6. Original Don (Flosstradamus Remix) - Major Lazer 7. Higher (DJ Paul Remix) - Just Blaze + Baauer 8. Trippy - Antiserum & Mayhem 9. Treat Me Right - Keys N Krates 10. I Could Be The One (Dank Remix) - Avicii & Nicky Romero 11. Boy Oh Boy - Diplo + GTA 12. Pogo (H.P. Vince Remix) - Laidback Luke 13. Root Down - Pizzo & Manik 14. Back Again - R3hab + Nari & Milani + MYNC 15. Slow Down - Showtek 16. Channel 42 (GTA Remix) - Deadmau5 + Wolfgang Gartner 17. Clouds - Nom De Strip 18. Monkey See, Monkey Do (Tom Starr Remix) - Tommy Trash 19. Rasputin - Hard Rock Sofa 20. Anaconda - Wolfgang Gartner 21. Glowing (Fedde Le Grande Remix) - Nikki Williams 22. Sleep Alone (Chainsmokers Remix) - Two Door Cinema Club
Cee-Lo Green + Goodie Mob + DJ Paul of Three 6 Mafia rolled in last night to @galleryclublv on Friday March 8th. Some epic photo-bombing on my part! Moo-hahahaha!!!!
Join me this Friday @GalleryClubLV with my man @mrbobvegas on the mic! Special guests Jonn Hart and E-Man.
In the summer of 2001, I had broken up with my girlfriend, and amidst being a single guy rolling around Las Vegas looking for fun, I was introduced to Daft Punk’s Discovery, a nearly flawless album that would forever change my musical tastes and my understanding of house music. Like most, I was aware of “Da Funk” and “Around The World”, but Discovery is really the record that defined Daft Punk. All summer long I listened to this album, until it was embedded in my consciousness, and later, with it’s brilliant Voltron inspired Interstella 5555animated musical, a perfect album was given a flawless visual representation to go along side it.
While Daft’s follow-up to Discovery, Human After All, was a departure from the disco-house influence of it’s predecessor. Like many, it’s brilliance did not hit me until the 2007 Alive performance. This happened at Vegoose, an outdoor festival which featured a suited-up Daft Punk performing inside an amazing LED pyramid display, which brought yet another mind-bending visual element to the already stunning display of two Frenchmen dressed up as robots-that-want-to-be-actual-Frenchmen. This performance flawlessly mashed-up the sounds of the group’s entire catalog, closing out with Stardust’s “Music Sounds Better With You”, which was a one-time side-project of Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter, with Alan Braxe and Benjamin Diamond.
Relive is a project I created for my bi-weekly Hellafine Fridays podcast series, that pays homage to Alive 2007, which I look at as one of the greatest mixes of all time. With Daft Punk making their return this year, the idea behind this mix was to relive the era with a mix that gives us all modern renditions of Daft Punk classics in house, progressive, dubstep, disco, hip-hop, trap, and moombahton grooves. Each of these tracks are bootlegs, many by bedroom producers, and a few by pros like Nicky Romero, Tristan Garner, DJ Dan, and Bart B-More. It closes out with Lupe Fiasco’s version of Kavinsky’s “Nightcall”, the original co-produced by the other half of Daft Punk, Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo.
So, I don’t have a cartoon or an LED pyramid to help visualize this mix, but the aim of it is for people that were there in the early years to relive the classic Daft Punk experience, yet doing it in a way we haven’t heard before. Enjoy.
Dolphins in the air, - DJ Pizzo, Feb. 2013
1. Robot Rock (Alex S vs. Kromofone Bootleg - Pizzo Edit)
2. Da Funk (Joe Maz Bootleg)
3. Music Vs. Harder Faster Stronger Better (Mobin Master Bootleg)
4. Aerodynamic (Quintino vs. Nicky Romero Bootleg - Pizzo Edit)
5. One More Time (Fire Flowerz Bootleg)
6. Superheroes (Kue vs. Solidisco Bootleg - Pizzo Edit)
7. Technologic (F.O.O.L. Remix)
8. Digital Love Pt. 1 (Bart B-More & Christian Luke Bootleg)
9. Digital Love Pt. 2 (Tristan Garner “Calling” Bootleg)
10. Something About Us (Xristo Bootleg)
11. Around The World (Deville “Toulouse” Bootleg)
12. Music Sounds Better With You (Fire Flowerz Remix) - Stardust*
13. High Life / Good For Me - DJ Dan & Jerome Robins
14. Too Long (French Government Bootleg)
15. Derezzed (French Government Bootleg)
16. Make Love (HLM Bootleg)
17. Voyager (Meridian “Paris La Nuit” Bootleg)
18. Prime Time Of Your Life (Tits & Clits vs. Rico Tubbs & Will Power Bootleg - Pizzo Edit)
19. Nightcall (Lupe Fiasco “American Terrorist 3” Bootleg) - Kavinsky**
*Originally produced by Thomas Bangalter, with Alan Braxe and Benjamin Diamond as Stardust
**Originally produced by Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo with Kavinsky
#HellafineFridays is happening in real life! Join me Friday 2/22/13 at Supperclub Los Angeles for some fun.